Re: problems with subclass

Marcelo D. RÃ wrote:
I'm trying to subclass a Java class but it doesn't work correctly. ....
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: Lit0
at colony.FunctionalAntQueen.<init>(FunctionalAntQueen.scm:8)

The problem is probably because the FunctionalAntQueen class is not self-contained, but depends on the enclosing "module class", which contains top-level definitions (none in this case, except the FunctionalAntQueen) and compiler-generated members such as literals.

You probably want to compile using the flag --module-static-run
command-line option, or (equivalently) put (module-static 'init-run)
in your file.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Compilation-options.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Module-classes.html#id2600899

It looks like things are further messed up because the name of the
module class is the same as the define-simple-class.  Kawa doesn't
handle this well.  (I vaguely remember putting in a test for this
in SVN Kawa, but I'm not sure.)

You could try putting something like
  (module-name FunctionalAntQueenModule)
in your .scm file.