Re: Can't run applet: invalid bytecode

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
I can't run the scribble applet again, and I'm running cvs.

In opera with jvm 5 I get the error "invalid bytecode",
In firefox with jvm 4 I get the error "Unsupported major.minor version 50.0"
 (Do I really need hava 5? (50?))

If Kawa was configured with the option --with-java-source=5 (or 6) then Kawa will generate code that requires the Java 5 VM and libraries.

Even if you don't, if you compiled the Kawa sources using the Java 5
version of javac, it will by default generate .class files with a
version number that requires Java 5 VM.

You can (though I haven't tried this) compile thus:
  make JAVAC='javac -target 1.4'
or:
  make JAVAC='javac -source 1.4'