Re: not building jemacs, brl by default

BLewis wrote:
We do eventually want to get BRL merged into Kawa.  Chris Wegrzyn has a
very good start on a new version that does not use eval.

I was hoping it would be based on the general gnu.expr.Language framework used by the BRL subset in the Kawa distribution. That way BRL is a full-fledged Kawa language, with all the options of other languages: pre-compilation, repl, command-line, in-the-fly loading, as well as servlets. Note that the current Kawa now supports automatic compilation and re-compilation, including checking for dependencies. This is very useful for web servers.

As soon as Kawa 1.9 is out, my main focus will be various
improvements to Kawa's web server features, including a
low-overhead Ajax framework.  I really want something that can
kick Ruby-on-Rail's ass ...