lots of kawa internal API changes

People trying to use sme of the internal Kawa APIs may notice
lots of changes.  Even if you don't, be warned that Scheme
code compiled with a older compiler will probably not be binary
compatible with a newer compiler.  My apologies, but I think it
is worthwhile trying to make the internal API cleaner and simpler.
This will continue a little bit longer: One motivation is I'd
like to make some of the XML tools self-contained, and then
try to encourage people to use Kawa's XML tools even if they're
not interested in Kawa as a compiler.  I'm hoping to be able to
do this before I release 1.9.

At some point we might want a policy about how and whether Kawa
can break binary compatibility.  I'd be interested in knowing
if Kawa's internal "churn" is a hardship for anyone.