Re: Illegal Access in module class?

Steve Smith wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 08:28:56AM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
Is the first line a typo?  In the first line "torrent" is a class name,
and then later it's a package name.  That's unusual to say the least.

Well, I did that as the package class was coming out as "src.confluence..." and I wanted to force the ModuleBody into the au.com.isay namespace. However based on your comments I realise I should just use the "directory structure == package structure" convention from Java or use -P on the command line.

The define-class package defaults to that of the module body.

And I've just realised that the default access is package-scope only,
so I'd forced it into an unreadable namespace.  Silly really.  Sorry,
my Java is really rusty.

Ideally Kawa would spare you from the details of Java, but if you're using it to define Java classes or otherwise interface with Java objects, then it's harder to hide the messy details!

Thanks for your help again.

You're welcome. Hope you become a Kawa convert (and evangelist)! -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/