Re: switching kawa from cvs to svn?

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
Maybe you should condider switching to darcs. IMHO it is much superior
to svn.

A major advantage of SVN is that the infrastructure is in place on the sourceware.org, which currently hosts CVS.

I really don't want to switch to Darcs unless somebody else maintains
the server infrastructure, and it really should be one of soureware.org
(aka sources.redhat.com aka gcc.gnu.org) or savannah.gnu.org.

A distributed version-control system like Darcs has some advantages.
One I can think of is I can check in to a local repository even when
I'm offline, and then merge when I'm online.  Plus a "theory of
changes".  Neither seems like a big enough advantage, compared to
the existing server support and more-easily-installed clients,
including Eclipse support.