switching kawa from cvs to svn?

I'm thinking about converting Kawa's version-control system
from CVS to Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/).
Subversion (SVN) has various improvements over CVS (see the
link), but of course it's not quite as ubiquitous.  People
who access the Kawa CVS tree would have to get a SVN client.
If you use Eclipse, you have to get the "subclipse" plugin.

The advantages would mainly be for me and the disadvantages
mainly for you guys, but you would see some benefits:  I'd
be more eager to clean up the hierarchy by renaming classes,
and I'll be better at tagging releases etc.

I don't know what's involved in switching the repository
(server), but as the "overseers" did this switch last year
for gcc on the same host I assume I don't have to do much myself.