Re: redesigned kawa homepage

I created a new set of web pages, still at:
http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa/index.html

Christian Surlykke wrote:

I would prefer fewer top-level 'chapters'.

I agree, and I've implemented at cut at this.

They could be:
   News
   Kawa - the language  (what is now chapters 4 - 11)

I call this the "Language Reference". The node name is still "Extensions", which should be changed. (However, I would like to avoid needlessly breaking existing links.)

The problem now is that this "chapter" now has too many sections,
though I've made a start at combining some sections.

Getting Kawa (what is now chapters 1 - 3)

There is a "Getting and installing Kawa" chapter and a separate "Usage References" for "running" Kawa. Some chapter renamings are probably in order.

   Support  (what is now chapters 12 and 13)
   Projects using Kawa

I combined these into a "Community" chapter.

License

At some point a "Tutorials and Howto" chapter might be in order - or some of that could be in a separate Wiki.

I don't think there should be a 'Table of Contents'. The navigator _is_ the table of contents.

Having a detailed expanded table of contents is nice for browsing, I think. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/