Re: redesigned kawa homepage

DÃ Luan, 2005-08-08 ag 17:59 -0700, scrÃobh Per Bothner:
> There is a preview of the revised Kawa home-page
> temporarily at:
> http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa/index.html
> I'm curious as to what people think of it, and would
> appreciate feedback:

> * Is the navigation bar easy to use or confusing?

I find it a little confusing, but that's mainly due to the texinfo
"chapters". I think every page should have the first six navigation
items (TOC, News, Download, Running Kawa, API, License). It might not be
a bad idea to have an explicit "Home" item as well, although I notice
that the "Kawa" link at the top-left serves this purpose.

> * Is there missing information?  People have suggested a wiki for
> FAQs and other snippets of information, but that assumes a
> volunteer to maintain/organize it, plus a suitable site.

Would it be possible to set this up on http://schemewiki.org/ ? In
theory it should be self-organizing... :)

Other points:

* The News page doesn't have the navigation bar.
* The License page/chapter appears blank and one must click on the
"License for the Kawa software" link in the navigation bar before
anything appears. Perhaps the link on the front page should go straight
to Software-License.html

Kind regards,

David O'Callaghan