Re: redesigned kawa homepage

Per Bothner wrote:

> There is a preview of the revised Kawa home-page
> temporarily at:
> http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa/index.html
> I'm curious as to what people think of it, and would
> appreciate feedback:
>
> * Are there are browser portability problems?

I testd it with Netscape 4.76 on Solaris 8 and IExplorer 6 on win2000 it
worked well.
Why not a logo contest? :)

> * Kawa's biggest problem is (lack of) visibility.

IMHO a 'killer app' does more than a beautiful home page.
For example I would be happy to hack in elisp or scheme on eclipse
instead of learn the plugin framework: I think it will be easier.
A web service framework can be interesting too: most of the pieces are
there (Servlet compilation, XML output etc.) maybe a tutorial can help.

> * Is the navigation bar easy to use or confusing?
>
> * Is there missing information?  People have suggested a wiki for
> FAQs and other snippets of information, but that assumes a
> volunteer to maintain/organize it, plus a suitable site.

Why not savannah.gnu.org ?
Marco