kawa 1.8beta

I changed the Kawa version number to "1.8beta". That means that I expect that what is currently is CVS is pretty close to what will be version 1.8. So:
(1) If you sent me or the list a patch that isn't checked in, but you think should be, let me know.
(2) If you sent me or the list a bug report that is not in BugZilla and is not fixed, plase enter it in BugZilla.
(3) If there is some really critical bug or missing feature you really think should be in 1.8, please post it to this list.

I plan on making an ftp-able snapshot available tomorrow or Friday, so those without easy CVS access can test the beta. After that, and until the release, I'm going to concentrate on updating the documentation. Part of that will be revamping the web-site, at least the style and front page. (It will be similar to http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/.)
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/