Re: trouble handling exceptions

Per Bothner wrote:
At first look this seems to be due to the tail-call-handling.

Looks like I again ignored the obvious ... While I suspect the tail-call-handling *could* lead to uncaught exception, the problem here is more simple: load is implemented by the Shell.run method, which catches all exception. This is appropriate at top-level, but in the case of an actual load.

So the problem is figuring out what is "top level".  Just checking
if the input file is "interactive" doesn't work, since we might have
a top-level laod from a file.

My preferred fix is to change
   if (true)
in the line 154 of kawa/standard/load.java by
   if (false)
This is what I plan on doing anyway - for oen thing it make compiled
and immediate files more simpler.  I've been leary of it, because it
does break soem things, such as defining a "procedural" macro (i.e.
non-syntax-rules) and using it in the same file.

At least as a work-around, I suggest making this change.