Re: What's wrong with this code? - nevermind

Jim White wrote:
apparently MacCVSClientX didn't believe me that I wanted to overwrite local changes [caused by preprocessing]).

If you're not using the default "java-source", it's probably best to do a 'make select-java2' before a cvs update.

My struggles with GCJ for native PPC continue. I've installed Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 on one of my G5s. Had to sort out the classpath problem for org.w3c.dom.Node and friends (including that Classpath.org supplies DOM Level 3 and Kawa only implements Level 2)

Kawa implements DOM Level 3 if you configure --with-java-source=5. It might be reasonable to add an options for JAXP 1.3 - i.e. DOM 3.

Note that DOM Level 3 is not upwardly compatible with DOM Level 2. Sigh.

because --disable-xml does not remove a Common Lisp dependency on that stuff.

Yes, there are some rough edges with gcj that I'm working on.

It would be nice to have an option that enables xml and xquery functionality,
but disables dependencies on external xml libraries.