libtool problem

Jim White wrote:

... Anyhow, once I stopped trying to just substitute Classpath 0.14 for GCJ 3.3 libgcj, I got as far as having a bunch of missing symbols amongst the Java files so that it won't link even though they all compiled OK.

That is a libtool bug.

Each compile of a bunch of java files was followed by a "mv -f <lastjavafile>.o liblocation/<libname>". I switched to YDL's libtool and it linked fine (as it gathered up all the .o files into each libfile). Unfortunately bin/kawa1 gets an immediate segmentation fault. *sigh*

Jim