Re: Kawa and Java Web Start

El Jueves, 4 de Noviembre de 2004 03:24, Per Bothner escribió:
> Rafael Jesus Alcantara Perez wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I'm using Kawa successfully in a Java Client/Server application, but I
> > have found that when using Java Web Start, it fails in
> > kawa.standard.Scheme#eval (String), throwing the next exception (it seems
> > to me, that only happens with big Scheme strings):
> >
> > java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> > (java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader)
>
> I have no idea how "big Scheme strings" could be an issue.  What could
> be the issue is Scheme expressions that define lexical scope.  This
> causes Kawa to compile the Scheme expression to bytecode, and then
> immediately load that bytecode using a ClassLoader.

The exception was thrown in this expression (I have substituted the 'let'
construct with the more natural 'max' and now there is no exception thrown):

(let
  ((value (-
            (apply +
              (get-account-entry-values "CPYG.HAB.B.I"
                                        "CPYG.HAB.B.II"))
            (apply +
              (get-account-entry-values "CPYG.DEB.A.I"
                                        "CPYG.DEB.A.II")))))
     (if (> value 0) value 0))

But there was no exception thrown in this one:

(let
  ((bai (get-account-entry-value "ARP.BAI")))
  (if (<= 90000 bai)
    (* 0.30 bai)
    (* 0.35 bai)))

So, maybe the problem is not completely due to the class loader because the
former expression has a 'let' and it was evaluated correctly.

> I'll be happy to consider a patch.  However, I know basically nothing
> about how Java Web Start works with the SecurityManager, so I'm
> depending on someone with experience to suggest a solution.

I'm not sure now of blaming the class loader for the security manager
exception.

Greets.
--
| Rafael Jesus Alcantara Perez.
| Email: mailto:rafa@dedaloingenieros.com
| Registered Linux User: #45989
| PGP: http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x53F330AB
"For every complex problem there is a solution that is concise, clear, simple,
and wrong."
(H. L. Mencken)