Re: defmacro compilation

Vitaly Lugovsky wrote:
Why the dotted pairs are not allowed? It's quite a showstopper.

I don't know why dotted pairs aren't allowed. Note that defmacro is not a standard part of Scheme, and I don't know if there is any good specification, so getting it working "fully" isn't that high a priority.

I do want to sit down and work on macros, so that it is fully complient
with R5RS (including let-syntax and letrec-syntax), reliably supports
syntax-case, and has a "complete" defmacro compatible with other Scheme
implementations.  However, that would take a fair bit of time, and I'm
not planning on working on macros until after general call/cc is done.
I.e. no guarantee it'll happen this calendar year.

 Another one issue: with the current CVS Kawa (and 1.7 release as well)
some compiled definitions unrolled from define-syntax macros have are instances
of kawa.lang.Macro but not a closures.

You have to be more specific. If you have a bug, report it on the Kawa bugzilla site. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/