Re: NullPointerException in allocChildClasses

Chris Dean wrote:

A bug report follows:

When using a local method inside a lambda expression, a
NullPointerException is generated.  I don't know if this is even valid
code, but it shouldn't throw the exception:

    (define-simple-class <MyClass> ()
      (var)
      ((get-var) var)

((my-method) (lambda (x) (+ x (get-var)))))

This sounds familiar - I think it's been reported before, but Savannah's Bugzilla is still down. It's probably somewhere in my old email or the mailing list archives. (Not that that is important, but it might help me remember if I've done any debugging of the problem.)

Anyway, today's my last day at Apple (for now), so I'll soon
have some time to look into these non-trivial bug reports.