Re: bug in Kawa 1.6.98 and 1.7: overriding rest argument with non-list value

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:

It seems like the compiler tries to assert type information (kawa list type) for max-no-char which is wrong here because the #!rest variable gets superseeded by a non-list value by the assignment.

Correct. It's a known problem. I haven't gotten around to fixing it because the code that triggers the bug is questionable style, the work-around is easy, and the fix may be non-trivial. So I don't forget it, could you report it in the (new-ish) Kawa bugzilla database: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=addbug&group=kawa
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/