Re: OutOfMemoryError

On 03 Jun 2003, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
>
> > All my bugs are solved so far. Thanks Per!
> > However my program quickly stops with a
> > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
>
> Hm.  It's possible you just have a very big data-set.

Yes. My program has the following memory footprint during runtime:
300MB (bigloo)
500MB (chicken)
800MB (SISC; needs export JAVAOPT=-Xmx896m otherwise same error as in Kawa)
etc.

With SISC I also (like with Kawa) see 9 processes (in top). That's fine,
they are threads from the java interpreter.
In SISC, one of them grows during successful execution of my program to 800MB;
while Kawa stops with the error at 100MB (even with export JAVAOPT=-Xmx896m).

Does Kawa respect JAVAOPT? (In SISC, java is called from a sh-script like
this: java $JAVAOPT ...)
(I grepped the Kawa source tree and didn't find JAVAOPT.)

Probably not, how can I achieve something similar for Kawa?

Ciao
Sven