Re: Error messages during load of .scm file

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
On 24 May 2003, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

#|kawa:1|# (load "n_kawa.scm") ; n_kawa.scm load around 30 .scm files
oref.scm:1386:47: warning - cannot convert void to gnu.mapping.Procedure
oref.scm:1393:41: warning - cannot convert void to gnu.mapping.Procedure
oref.scm:1399:47: warning - cannot convert void to gnu.mapping.Procedure
oref.scm:1406:41: warning - cannot convert void to gnu.mapping.Procedure
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: atInteractiveLevel, method: lambda1 signature: (Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;) Incompatible type for getting or setting field

Have you looked at and around line 1386, column 47, in oref.scm?

Yes. These are the 4 case-expressions without else. Have I misunderstood you? I thought I can ignore this warning.

Yes, you can ignore those warnings.

Do I have to eliminate the cause of these warnings?

No, the VerifyError is the problem which says it has something to do with setting a field.

The indication of being "atInteractiveLevel" should mean that it is code that is being read from the console. If it is not, then perhaps it is in a file and is a statement that is interpreted directly rather being compiled first. If that is the case (as it appears from the above), then the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to break down the load of those files to isolate which statement is going wrong.

Jim