Re: Problem with "--output-format scheme" option

Jan Hermanns wrote:
Hello,

I'm doing servelt programming with kawa and have a problem concerning
the "--output-format scheme" compile-option. I'm using kawa-1.6.99.

I have two files.
The first one is a lib:

--begin lib.scm--
(module-name "lib")
(define dummy-tag-from-lib "<h1>dummy tag from lib</h1>")
--end lib.scm--
I suspect a work-around to use unescated-data:
(define dummy-tag-from-lib
  (unescaped-data "<h1>dummy tag from lib</h1>"))

Note that the krl ][ syntax is just syntactic sugar
for using unescated-data.  Though I haven't verified
it, this explains the difference in the outputs you're
getting.

So the remaining question is why the --output-format
flag seems to have no effect.  Looking at the code,
it just doesn't appear to be implemented.  Note there are
two different things that interact:  The --output-format
flag and the ContentType header, which can be set using
the response-content-type.  These should interact.  I
think if you specify --output-format that should set
the (default) ContentType.  If you call response-content-type,
that shold probably override the default.

I.e. --output-format scheme should probably set the
ContentType to "text/x-scheme"; calling
(response-content-type "text/x-scheme") should set the
output format correctly.

But given the workaround I mentioned, I hope this isn't a
really urgent need for you.