Re: Problems to generate a servlet with kawa

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> Schneider Karin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I work on Windows NT 4 with JDK 1.3. I downloaded the kawa jar file. Then I
> > tried to generate a servlet with Kawa, but I got the following error
> > message:
> >
> > java -jar kawa-1.6.97.jar --xquery --servlet -C table.xql
> > (compiling table.xql)
> > Internal error while compiling table.xql
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
> > I tried different settings of PATH and CLASSPATH and I'm sure that
> > servlet.jar is defined in the classpath.
>
> Well, I don't think it can be anything else.  Somehow the class
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet is not being found.  I don't have any
> experience with NT 4 myself, but you could try explicitly mentioning
> servlet.jar explicitly on the command line:
>    java -classpath servlet.jar -jar kawa-1.6.97.jar --xquery --servlet
> -C table.xql
> You could also try putting servlet.jar in JDK's extensions
> directory.

Doesn't using the -jar switch override what's in the classpath?

You'll have to try this instead:

  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;kawa.jar
  java kawa.repl --xquery --servlet -C table.xql

> I assume you've double-checked with that servlet.jat is readable
> and contains the expected files, perhaps using 'jar tvf
> servlet.jar'.

servlet.jar is available from the GNU ClasspathX project if you need
a free version.

Nic