Re: (scheme-window)

Jim White wrote:
> And so the workaround for Bruce's issue would be to call
> repl.exitIncrement() when starting up.

No, I don't believe so.  scheme-window calls exitIncrement.
And the first call to exitIncrement does an extra increment,
for the "main" thread.  This kludge is to avoid calling exit
if no windows are created, in case other threads are created.

> Or were you intending that user's who wanted to force System.exit
> following AWT initialization to call repl.exitDecrement?

Not sure what you're asking.  If he uses the main method in kawa.repl
*or* one that calls ModuleBody's runAsMain, then he shouldn't need
to change anyhing else.  If he uses his own main(), then he should
have that call exitDecrement.

> Either way is not pretty and it is simply abominable that Sun ruined the
> daemon thread regime.

Yep.