new kawa snapshot 1.6.90

I've made a new kawa snapshot release available, in the usual place:
        ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/kawa/kawa-1.6.90.tar.gz
This release should be considered an alpha release of kawa-1.7;
there is no pre-built binary, or updated home page or javadoc.
I'm hoping that kawa-1.7 will be fairly close to 1.6.90.  There
is one major feature I want to add first:  A documented mechanism for
compiling user Scheme programs to native code using gcj, and
with kawa as a shared library.

I've reverted to use the released automake.  (Well, whatever is installed
in /usr/bin on my Red Hat machine!)  I had hoped to use the new "include"
feature of automake, but that is only in pre-releases of automake, which
are too buggy.

One thing that may be worth considering:  The packages gnu.lists and
gnu.xml contain various Java classes that are generated (pre-processed)
from *.java.in files.  The pre-processing is fairly simple (using sed),
but it is to determine such things as whether gnu.lists.Sequence should
inherit from java.util.List and thus depend on Java2 collections.
I realize this may cause problems for people building Kawa from source
on non-Unix-like platforms such MS-Windows or (non-OSX) Mac.  One
option is to include pre-processed versions of these classes (presumably
ones that did not depend on Java2) in the tar file; I'd prefer not to
do that, but it may be the best choice.  Opinions/suggests welcome.