Re: Problem with define-alias

On 30 Jan 2001, Per Bothner wrote:

> Jocelyn Paine <popx@pop3.ifs.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Ah. Does this also explain the problem with define-alias that I mentioned
> > in the other mail this morning, or was that something else?
>
> Possible, but it is quitely possibly some other bug.  Could you try
> with a compiled file?  If that doesn't work, could you try the current
> cvs version?

I've tried with exactly the same program but compiled, and that works
fine when I test it from the top-level.

Just to repeat, the program is below, and the problem was that although
the top-level call to (make <jvector>) works, the one inside make-jvector
doesn't, if called after loading the file.
  (module-name 't)

  (module-static #t)

  (define-alias <jvector> <java.util.Vector>)

  (write <jvector>)
  (newline)

  (write (make <jvector>))
  (newline)