Re: Problem with define-private

>>> Jocelyn Paine <popx@pop3.ifs.org.uk> 31-Jan-01 10:14:53 AM >>>

>What I mean is that I can't use define-private in
>interpreted modules, because it actually causes an
>error (as I described) when I run them.

But modules aren't interpreted so that doesn't make sense. Remember
that Kawa is a toolset, not just one tool. There's a scheme compiler,
various different interpreter environments, an Emacs implementation
and some utilities.

Unfortunately there is little seperate "marketing" of these so they
all kinda merge together... but they are seperate; particularly the
compiler and the interpreter. I'm sure if Per (or any one of us) had
time the docs would be re-organised to better emphasise the
differences.

As I said, you have to build a group of procs using the interpreter
and then bind them together at compilation stage.

>> Since we don't have a debugger for Kawa yet, Per's dump
>>class is a  pretty valuable debugging tool.

>Didn't know about that. Is it in the distribution?

Yes. Do this:

   java -classpath kawa.jar gnu.bytecode.dump  my.class

And you'll see a good dissassembly.

Nic