Kawa update

I checked a whole bunch of changes that have been accumulating since
end of August (when I went on vacation).  There are still some annoying
things I'd like to fix (including some that you people have reported),
but it least it passes the test-suite.

If you do a cvs update, note there is a new directory gnu/kawa/functions.
Thus you have to do
        cvs update -d
My plan is to gradually migrate the primitive (Java-written)
function classes in kawa/standard to this new directory.

Other changes:

Renamed some classes to avoid warning when compiling with Jikes.

Added a hook for constant-folding and other optimization/inlining at
traversal (ExpWalker) time.  Optimization of + and - procedures to
use primitive Java operations when the operands are primitive types.

Implementation of SRFI-17.  Change the definitions of
(set! (f x ...) val) to ((setter f) x ... val), rather then
the old ((setter f) val x ...).  You can now associate a setter
with a procedure, either using make-procedure or set-procedure-property!.
Also, (setter f) is now inlined, when possible.

Internally, Syntax (and hence Macro) no longer extend Declaration.

Accessing a final static field (using static-field) is inlined by
the compiler, but only for int (or shorter) types.