Re: Serializing closures

Date: 18 Apr 2000 08:37:15 -0400
--text follows this line--
Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> So I still don't understand why "the whole Kawa package" would be
> serialized.  It certainly seems like a bad thing to happen ...

A closure's behavior depends on the environment it extends, so wouldn't
it be natural for all the R5RS functions to end up being serialized
along with it?  You could create some custom serialization to get around
this, but you would have to figure out where to draw the line
re. serializing parent environments.

--
Bruce R. Lewis