Re: kawa server question

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Per Bothner wrote:

> > I've added password protection to the --server option in kawa.repl, but as
> > yet I've been unable to get kawa to load a source file or otherwise
> > execute some scheme code interactively for each client connection.
>
> Well, I don't know about any code you've added, but a server setting
> up multiple read-eval-print-loops works for me.
>
> I.e. I start up the server
> 	java kawa.repl --server 5555
>
> I can then:
> 	telnet HOSTNAME 5555
> (where HOSTNAME is the name of the system running the server)
> and I get a read-eval-print prompt:
>
> 	deneb<1005> telnet femteppp 5555
> 	Trying XX.XX.XX.XX...
> 	Connected to femteppp.cygnus.com.
> 	Escape character is '^]'.
> 	#|kawa:1|# (define xx 20)
> 	#|kawa:2|# xx
> 	20
> 	#|kawa:3|#
>
> While this connection is active I can start another connection,
> and it gets its own top-level environment.

I'm sorry, I realize my question wasn't clear.  (It was pretty late
last night when I wrote).

I'm certainly able to get the server running, with a top-level
environment for each client.  What I'd like to do is have each client's
session execute an interactive program at connect time.

For instance, if I have a program called Server.scm, I can run it
interactively on the console:

[localrich@dev-chaos server]$ kawa Server.scm
Server: What is your name?
Rich
Server: What is your quest?
to find the holy grail
Server: What is for favorite color?
red
Server: Wrong Answer!
#!eof

What I'd like to do is run the same program for each client that
connects, i.e.

[localrich@dev-chaos server]$ kawa --server 5555 Server.scm &
[localrich@dev-chaos server]$ telnet localhost 5555
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Server: What is your name?
Rich
Server: What is your quest?

I hope this explains my question better.

	Rich

Richard W. DeVaul              What do I             rich@media.mit.edu
Home: (617) 623-5849         see with my I?         Lab: (617) 253-9706
www-->              http://www.media.mit.edu/~rich/              <--www