Re: proposal for Kawa event call-back

Peter Hanappe (Peter.Hanappe@ircam.fr) wrote:
>I needed the possibility to create small interfaces with buttons
>and sliders for quick prototyping. I took a very naive approach:
>SchemeActionListener subclasses java.awt.event.ActionListener. On
>events, it evaluates the Kawa Procedure given as argument to its
>constructor. It looks something like this:

That is spookily close to what I've done -- I even have the same
"SchemeActionListener" name.  Be advised that in the snapshot releases
Procedure1 has moved from kawa.lang into gnu.mapping

I do like the "object" syntax that Per proposed.  I'd also like a
similar way to define the methods of named external classes -- the
intent is to be able to write classes in scheme that the callers
wouldn't have to know were written in scheme.

Daniel
--
                                                          dan@pentacom.co.uk