Lexing & Parsing

Hello:

I'm interested in Kawa as a language implementation framework (a direction
in which I believe it is evolving). To get used to the system, I thought to
try implementing a simple little scripting language (details unimportant at
the moment). I've started by examining the ECMAScript stuff, and it seems
clear enough (given my Java skills ;), but what *wasn't* clear to me is
whether there was a straightforward way to incorporate the results of
parser generating tools (like ANLTR). Is this currently feasible or in the
plans? Or is hand rolling the way to go?

Or, perhaps more interestingly, would it be worthwhile to try to use a
Scheme based parsing tool?

Thanks,
Bijan Parsia