RE: itcl in insight

Robert Bu wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Robert,

> I checked the config log in bundle/libgui. The configure script
checked for tcl, tk. However, it seems that it does not check for itcl.

Insight does not need itcl/itk development files at compile time
anymore. Thus they are not checked. However you must have the runtime
files installed at execution time.

> Build and install is OK here on Redhat Enterprise 6.3 (RHEL-6.3,
x86_64). When I run insight, it complains:
> "Error: can't find package itcl 3.3"

> I tried to install itcl 3.3. It is a quite old version and does not
compile with my TCL (8.5.7). So I installed itcl 3.4.1. Can I tell
insight to use my itcl 3.4.1?

The "3.3" is now only the lower version you need. Since Feb 16, insight
is more tolerant about versions and package name spellings. If you have
git-pulled it recently, it can only be a path problem, not under control
of insight.

Try:
$ wish
% package require itcl
...     <-- here you have either an error or the itcl installed version.
% package require Itcl
...     <-- here you have either an error or the Itcl installed version.

If both fail, this is definitely a path problem in one of tcl or itcl
RHEL package.

Patrick