RE: Is the project still alive ?

 Hello!

> The question is motivated by:
>
> - No stable release for 5 years.
> - Sources not yet migrated to git: repository exists but is empty.
> - Bundles are frozen.
> - No commit for 5 month.
> - Does not work with itcl/itk 4.
> - VERY low mailing list activity.

 Let me say my voice.
 I tried to take a look at several GDB GUIs. Actually, Insight has one
strong point, which no replacement offers. It very well supports
cross-development and remote debugging. I would say it was created for this
purpose. Yes, its GUI lacks some functions, like listing shared libraries,
and it is a bit buggy, but it also has console window, which perfectly
fulfills everything. This means i can combine the power of both GUI and
command line - the code and registers are always at my eyes, but i can also
do sophisticated things via command line.
 I would say that Insight definitely does not deserve being forgotten. And i
don't like Eclipse because Java is slow and memory-hungry.
 Personally i use Insight on Cygwin for some debugging and core dump
analysis and it works pretty well.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia