Re: Changing keyboard bindings

On 02/22/2013 06:00 PM, Bruce Dawson wrote:
I found three places in srcbar.itcl where "accelerator N" is
specified -- twice for the Control menu and once for the "trace" menu
which I assume is the toolbar with the step and next buttons. However
when I change all three occurrences of N to Q and do make/make
install it affects the Control menu but not the toolbar.

Gah! Yes, I forgot that those get displayed on the balloon help. Those are in srcbar.itcl, scattered in various places. TBH, I wouldn't care if we deleted the key bindings from being displayed in the balloons. It's a very unusual thing to do. Maybe it made sense to someone a fifteen years ago.

I also noticed that srctextwin.itb does some binding with
bind_plain_key -- it looks like that is what affects what is actually
processed, as opposed to what is actually shown.

Doh! Yes, that is where those bindings would be useful, no? I completely spaced on that, sorry.