Re: how to add additional script to add more register information

On 01/11/2013 07:53 AM, loody wrote:
hi all:
is it possible to add additional script to add information I want in insight?

It is possible, yes. Easy? Maybe not so much.

if it could, is there any example i can follow?

There are two ways to accomplish your specific task.

First, the ugly, but more integrated way, is to hack at gdbtk/library/regwin.it[hb]. The code there is actually fairly recent and clean.

The more formal way, but less integrated, is to create a plug-in. To do that, follow the directions in gdbtk/library/plugins/HOW-TO. WARNING: I haven't looked at these directions in quite some time, they may be slightly outdated. But I doubt much has changed since there have been no plug-ins written in a very long time. If you find problems with the HOW-TO, just send a note to this list so that I can address them.

In lieu of that, or in addition to that, you can follow the either the example plug-in (gdbtk/library/plugins/rhabout) and/or the (very simple) Pentium plug-in (gdbtk/library/plugins/intel-pentium).

Again, if you run into problems or have any questions, just send a note to this list, and I'll try to get your questions answered as best as possible.