Re: questions

On 11/24/2011 01:59 PM, Levente Kovacs wrote:
1. Does it ships with it's own GDB?

Yes, insight "is" gdb: running "insight -nw" will give you the CLI gdb. When you build insight, you get two executables: one is gdb, one is insight.

2. Can it communicate with an "external" gdb server through a socket?

Yes, insight can do anything that gdb does.

3. Does it uses the systems' tk library?

On linux*, yes, it will use the system's tcl/tk/itcl. Simply remove the tcl, tk, and itcl directories from the source tree.

* I say linux because that is the only platform on which I've tested it. You cannot do this with either MinGW or Cygwin. Those platforms must use the in-tree tcl, tk, and itcl. [And the only reason they "must" use them is because no one has done the work to make the build do this.]