Re: Two small insight (gdb?) bugs

On 07/24/2011 08:35 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
Keith Seitz wrote, On 07/24/2011 02:45 PM:
On 07/12/2011 09:32 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
1. In console I can set a breakpoint like this:

b main

But if I make a typo and enter an invalid symbol such as:

b mai

It hangs insight and I have to kill -9 it.

Since I cannot reproduce this, is there any chance you can attach a debugger to this running instance and get me a backtrace?

Clicking on "Details>>" I see this:
invalid command name "var6"
invalid command name "var6"
while executing
"$var delete"
while deleting object "::.watchwin0.watchwin" in ::WatchWin::destructor
(body line 11)
invoked from within
"itcl::delete object ::.watchwin0.watchwin"
(command bound to event)

The varobjs are destroyed by the callback, but when the window is closed and the dtor is called, it tried to delete the varobjs again because the callback did not clear the list. This should be fixed by my patch.

Also, it might be considered a bug in that the watchpoints are not
remembered between insight restarts or after a reload of flash, at least
for me. (At least BPs are remembered which is handy.)

I don't know why they were omitted. Maybe it is a little trickier than breakpoints because of possible context restrictions. I might be able to work up a patch for this.