Re: Cannot make insight-6.8-1 on openSuSE 11.4

On 05/30/2011 05:00 PM, John Cooper wrote:
Even though do not seem to have all the required dependencies, and the configure script seems to run without incident, I simply cannot make insight-6.8-1 on my openSuSE 11.4 [with KDE] install. Using the following commands from a terminal ...

A couple of preliminary questions/observations. First, are you really using the "official" 6.8.1 release? I would highly recommend grabbing something a bit newer. CVS is typically always stable -- I have used CVS HEAD for the better part of ten years.

On linux one should not need to build the tcl packages (tcl, tk, itcl). The build should pick up the installed system components, provided they (and their -devel counterparts) are installed. I don't know about SuSE, but on Fedora, the -devel packages contain all the necessary bits for this to work.

jwesleycooper@linux-twom:~/compile/insight-build>  ../insight-6.8-1/configure>  configout.txt 2>  configerr.txt
jwesleycooper@linux-twom:~/compile/insight-build>  make>  makelog.txt 2>  makeerr.txt

... I have redirected both stdout and stderr from these commands to the files indicated, which I have included along with the generated config.log file in the config-make_out-err/tar.gz file attached to this message. Please let me know what the issue might be, and how I might resolve it.

This is the key: "cc1: warnings being treated as errors"

You're seeing a bunch of warnings which the build is treating as errors. Use the configure flag --disable-werror to get around this.