Re: Build failure on MinGW

On 11/10/2010 09:07 AM, Clemens Valens wrote:
I try to build Insight-6.8-1 on MinGW current version for Windows XP Pro. Compilation fails on SEH:

Hi,

I can only offer some generic advice right now. There has been some discussion of mingw on the mailing list. Have you investigated that?

Otherwise, off the top of my head: I'm pretty sure that the repo's built-in Tcl is a no-go on Windows except for Cygwin. As I recall, other mingw users were using some sort of system-installed Tcl/Tk/Itcl.

In any case, I would encourage you to try a CVS/GIT snapshot of the repo instead of 6.8. One of these days, I'll get around to trying a 7.1 release...

/me thinks aloud
Hmm... My wife is now working, and her Windows box is largely unused nowadays...

/me goes to install VNC on it

I will let you know if I figure out anything. I'm going to try to get insight CVS built on this thing.