Re: gdb/gdbtk not tagged with gdb_7_0-branch tag

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:39:42 -0800
Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

> So, yes, you may tag the sources. [Don't forget gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk.]

I've created the branch tag, gdb_7_0-branch, in the following locations:

    gdb/gdbtk
    gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk
    tcl
    tk
    itcl
    libgui

I did not create a (non-branch) gdb_7_0_branchpoint tag, though I can
still do this if desired.  I doubt that there will be enough changes
put onto the insight portion of the branch for anyone to care...
Also, creation of the branchpoint tag for insight has been erratic
over the last several GDB releases.  If a branchpoint tag is created,
I recommend that it be given the name gdb_7_0-2009-09-16-branchpoint,
even though that date isn't quite accurate for the tagging that I
did.  (I used "-D 2009-09-18" to check out the sources that I tagged.
Insight often lags GDB on necessary fixes by a few days, so it seemed
prudent to use a slightly later date.)

I've done a test checkout of the insight sources using the gdb_7_0-branch
branch tag.  Insight builds and runs on my machine.  Looking at
Help->About GDB... shows the correct version number.  I've not done
any testing beyond making sure that the gui comes up when invoked.

Kevin