Re: can't open file in Insight

On 11/16/2009 02:12 PM, yunlu liu wrote:
Hi Keith,
   Thanks for your email.I try to just enter the filename in the
console. It shows "undefined command". I try "help dir" and use the dir
command. No results are shown.I also have no idea how to display the .c
file. I wonder if I could read and complile the .c file via
insight.Looking forward to your reply and thanks a lot for your
consideration:)

I hate to ask this, but I feel compelled. Are you compiling your application with debug info? That's the "-g" option to gcc? [Assuming your using gcc, of course.] Insight/gdb should be able to automatically locate your source files if you do.

To use the dir command:

If you source file lives in "/this/is/where/it/is/myfile.c", open the console window and type:

(gdb) dir /this/is/where/it/is

That's it. Insight will remember this the next time you start. To see the change immediately, change the display mode of the source window from "SOURCE" to anything (like ASSEMBLY) and then back to "SOURCE". I believe that should do it.