Re: Fw: Initialization Commands

On 11/06/2009 10:38 AM, María de los A. Vázquez wrote:
Is there another way to ignore the "-nx" option besides the one that you
already gave me (setting INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES = 1) so insight
could save my breakpoints??

Not without rebuilding the debugger.

I'm
setting new ones but when I close insight and open it again they
dissapears.

Something is wrong, then, because when INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES is set, it *should* also save your preferences. So the next step is to figure out why.

Here's the next thing to try: set GDBTK_DEBUG=1 in your environment. This will write the contents of the debug window to a file (insight.log), which you'll need to see whether preferences were saved. Start insight and then simply quit. Look at the end of the resulting file; you should see something like "I global pref_save {pref_save .gdbtkinit}". If there was an error saving the preferences, it will be noted here, too.

I'm testing insight using the console window and it's working fine. I
don't know if the "Not Responding"
issue when I press the Run button have to be with a problem of my PC or
not because it's really unusual
that it works just using the console window.

Yeah, that is unusual, and it would seem to indicate a bug. Is your target some sort of simulator or actual hardware? If the sim, I might be able to try to reproduce your problem here.

I seem to recall hacking on something arm-related in the not too distant past. Perhaps you just need a newer build of insight/gdb? There is one scenario that I can think of that would cause your timeout/hangup problems with the UI... I'll see if I can dig up some memories/emails/patches/ChangeLogs about this.