Re: Fw: Initialization Commands

On 11/04/2009 12:29 PM, María de los A. Vázquez wrote:

I restart my machine and now (gdb) tk set
::env(INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES)
returns "1".

Excellent, that's a good start.

This is the output of "show version":

(gdb) show version
GNU gdb 6.8.50.20080425-cvs
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=arm-eabi".

Wow, okay, this is a CVS snapshot that someone compiled. Fortunately, it looks like you're close to getting it working anyway.

Now it's reading one breakpoint that was saved previously on gdbtk.ini
when I
tested it in command line, but it isn't reading my .gdbinit file that is
also located in my
home directory (C:\Users\help).

Right, it will not read gdb.ini. The INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES *only* gets insight to load/save its own preferences. As I recall you were interested in setting some target settings. So use the target dialog (File->Target Settings..." and select your information there. Then click the Run button, and you should be off. The next time you quit insight, it will save this information into your gdbtk.ini file, and when you restart, it should all just come back. [Note: you have to use the run BUTTON, not the console equivalent].