Re: Fw: Initialization Commands

Yup. So that means your IDE is passing "-nx" to gdb/insight, suppressing reading of preferences. I don't know what platform you are on (Windows? Linux? Solaris? HPUX?), but if you set the environment variable INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES, insight will ignore the "-nx" flag.

On any unix-like box (including Cygwin), you can set the variable by using:

$ export INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES=1

It has been a long time since I used a windows box, but a quick search got me this page from Microsoft's support pages (this is for XP -- I am sure something similar exists for Vista or Windows 7):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519

I'm working on Windows Vista. I set the variable INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES
to 1, as you told me to do it, but it didn't work. I'm not able to read the init file. If I enter the command
that you previously gave me:

(gdb) tk set ::GDBStartup(inhibit_prefs)

it continues returning "1". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm working with it since yesterday but I
don't get results. Is there another way to ignored the "-nx" command or how can I obtain what I need??

María