Re: Initialization Commands

On 10/30/2009 10:52 AM, María de los A. Vázquez wrote:

I'm new with gdb and insight. I'm loading Insight from Code::Blocks to
use it as my debbuger but I'm having problems with the Initialization
Commands and .gdbinit file. When I run the debugger (Insight) it didn't
recognize the initialization commands under Debugger settings
(Code::Blocks) neither the init file (.gdbinit). Instead I always need
to enter the commands manually so I don't know what I'm doing wrong??
Where does I need to declared the .gdbinit file so it recognize it???
Any help will be useful for me!!! Thanks.

I don't know anything about Code::Blocks, but it sounds to me like they are starting up gdb/insight using the "-nx" option, which suppresses reading .gdbinit.

Where is .gdbinit? Gdb looks in two places: $HOME and $PWD, i.e., your home directory and the current directory. If .gdbinit is not in $HOME, I would put it there and see if that works.

BTW
I only have two declarations on the .gdbinit file:
"target remote localhost:3333"
"load"

If you go to the Target Settings Dialog, you can have insight do this for you automatically when you click the Run button. Of course, if Code::Blocks is passing "-nx" to gdb/insight, insight won't read your preferences file, anyway. But if you're like me and typically type at a console window, this won't help you.