Re: 20090609-cvs bad on linux (build fail cygwin)

(The last two exchanges never got to the list, I just added them.
 -gene )
Gene Smith wrote:

> I think winavr project distributes a mingw build of insight. I am > >pretty sure mingw has no "system" tcl/tk. However, I don't think many >(or any?) winavr or users use it.

I didn't know that... Yeah, I suspect Tcl/Tk will just stay in sourceware for a while. Red Hat still uses it, too, I think.

> But since you didn't tell me how to select "system" tcl/tk vs. >built-in I assume you don't think that is related to my problem.

Sorry -- I missed that. To build using the system-supplied tcl/tk, make sure you have the dev packages (on linux) installed: tcl-devel, tk-devel, itcl-devel, itk-devel. Remove (or rename) tcl, tk, and itcl from your source directory, and the build will find the system-installed versions. [I don't recall if this is absolutely necessary, but I do it anyway.]

When starting an untested build configuration for the first time, I usually do a "make configure-gdb" and check the output of configure that it found the tcl/tk/itcl/itk stuff that I expected it to.