Re: cygwin runtime woes

Pierre Muller wrote:
Tried it another way:

./gdb ./insight.exe

(gdb) run --nw ./gdb.exe

Did you mean "run -nx ./gdb.exe"?

Insight starts but no source window with 'main' function code appears.

Odd... Are you sure you erased all of the gdbtk.ini files lying around? If "-nx" works, then insight must be finding one of these files somewhere.

E SrcWin constructor {_build_win returned: invalid command name
"iwidgets::scrolledtext"

Yeah, for whatever reason, iwidgets::scrolledtext seems to be missing on your system. I can't even imagine how. Are any of TCL_LIBRARY, TK_LIBRARY, ITCL_LIBRARY, ITK_LIBRARY, or IWIDGETS_LIBRARY defined in your environment?

All seems to start with the failure to handle
iwidgets::scrolledtext command,
any ideas what this is all about?

I tried reinstalling tcl/tk for cygiwn, no effect.

From what I can tell, the tcl/tk distributed with cygwin are not usable for an insight build: they are missing some internal headers that are required to build insight (specifically, tclInt.h and tkInt.h -- probably a few more). You *must* use the in-tree tcl, tk, and itcl.

I've verified this on a build of CVS HEAD on my own (ancient) x86 cygwin box. If you attempt to use the system-supplied tcl and tk, you will get errors about "private headers" missing.

Keith

PS. Getting a lot of build warnings that stop the build? Use --disable-werror at configure time. I did NOT have to do this on my machine...