Re: Compiling on cygwin

[Add insight@ back onto CC]

Ben Pazolli wrote:
Here is the output of the configure and make:

$ ./insight-6.7.1/configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
[snip]
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for yacc... no
checking for bison... no
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for flex... no
checking for ld... (cached) c:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../mi
ngw32/bin/ld.exe
[snip]

Okay, from this, I can tell a few things... First of all, it looks like you want to build for cygwin. However, the linker that configure grabbed was for mignw. You are also missing bison, and that is required to build (unless you've grabbed a release tarball). So may some sort of lex variant. I don't recall at the moment.

If you intend to build for cygwin, you must make sure that cygwin tools are in your PATH ahead of mingw. If you are attempting to build for mingw (which I'm pretty sure will not work very well w/Insight -- it assumes windows means cygwin), you need to specify to configure that you are building for mingw (--target=i686-pc-mingw, I think).

I know gdb has had some churn in it in the past year to add "native" mingw support, but I don't believe that this will work with Insight. I have never tried, though, so it might not be as bad as I am guessing.