Re: Problem with latest cygwin tcl package

Dave Meyer wrote:
I am having a problem with a tcl script (shown below) in that it hangs
when executed. Currently, I have the latest cygwin code downloaded. When
I run the tcl script with the latest tcl/tk package (20080420-1) the
script hangs on executing the svn command. This occurs on both a
WindowsXP and Windows2003 system. When I install tcl/tk version
20060202-1, the script executes correctly. Any thoughts on how to
further debug this?

I can't help, but I'll add that I have a similar problem. tcl's exec appears to be broken in the current Cygwin install (and has been for maybe 6 months or more). In my case, I can exec my own programs, but they can't find environment variables via the clib getenv. Or, possibly (I can't quite remember now) the problem only appears after (a) the tcl code execs program X, and then (b) program X starts up program Y, and then (c) program Y attempts to use getenv, which doesn't work.

This all works on Cygwin installs from about a year ago. It broke when I installed autoconf, which I think upgraded tcl, among other things.

-RT