Re: insight build, plus patch request

Keith Seitz wrote:
Tom Tromey wrote:
FYI -- Insight isn't building for me.  I'm using gdb cvs head as of a
day or two ago.

Actually, it hasn't been building in several weeks. No one has noticed yet... [Okay, you and one other person.]

Methinks Insight's usefulness is coming to an end.

FWIW, ST still does ship Insight. I know that we have customers that do use it too, because we occasionally get support requests. Not too many though - it mostly Just Works. :)

All the new exciting work is going into the Eclipse product, but with that we're getting complaints that it's not enough like Insight! For one thing, the customers like the speed and simplicity.

We don't use CVS HEAD, so we don't scream the moment it breaks, but if there were no Insight 6.9 you'll probably hear about it. ;)

I can't offer much in the way of expertise or effort, but please take this as a vote for keeping Insight alive.

Thanks for all your hard work

Andrew